We are delighted that you can now view the Ruperra walking map in two of Natural Resources Wales carparks:
Huge thanks to Natural Resources Wales who helped to make this possible alongside funding from the local community.
You can’t visit Ruperra Castle as it is privately owned and a dangerous ruin but there are public footpaths which allow good views of the Castle. The closest car park is the Woodland car park at Coed Craig Ruperra which is a 30 minute walk. Download walking maps and find out more about visiting the area
Improving walking routes around Ruperra Castle
We are often told that people are unsure which paths are rights of way and get lost trying to find the Castle. We want to improve sustainable access so that everyone can enjoy our heritage and countryside, which can have a positive impact on wellbeing.
We have raised over £1,200 of our £4,000 target and have already:
• produced a new map of the area showing sustainable access routes on public rights of way
• shared the map with the community, making it available to download from our website and by giving away 5,000 new map leaflets for those who need a physical map to follow and keep
• put up map signage in local carparks.
Our next steps are to:
• create an information panel about the Castle at a good viewing point
• introduce Ruperra Castle waymarkers on some walking routes.
Donate to our campaign